Sunday, January 9, 2011

Happy New Year

Happy New Year EVERYONE!!! I've finally caved and started our blog. I don't know why it has taken me so long. I enjoy reading my friend's blogs. So I decided New Year, New Adventures...A girl must blog. I thought it would be a great way to keep everyone in St.Louis in the loop on what's going on with us.
We'll lets be honest, keep them up to date on the new and exciting things that Hannah is doing. So here I go..

Mike and I have been very busy these last 3 years: Mike got promoted, We moved to Arkansas, Got Married, Mike bought a new truck (When in roam..I guess, every man in Arkansas has to drive a truck)Had a baby and bought a house. I think we've got all the major life events covered. It has definitely been a journey.

We are now settled in our home and are making friends. I hate to say this but Arkansas is beginning to feel like home. I will never be a die hard razorback fan and I will always miss the Cardinals but I have to admit that we are in a great place in life..even if it is in Arkansas.

Everyday is an adventure in our home. My... oh... My... how having a baby changes your life. Just the simple things of noise and not making any noise when the baby is asleep. That cell phone has gotten us a couple of times. Hence the reason why we never answer our cell phones...they're always on silent ;o)

We are truly blessed to have a beautiful healthy baby. She is such a joy to our lives. She is growing so fast, I just can't be live she is now 5 months old.




Having Hannah, God has truly shown me his unconditional love and his faithfulness. I truly feel a love for Hannah that I have never felt before and to think that God has the same love for us as His children. It's just amazing. Becoming a mother I had to really trust and put my faith in the Lord. I mean come on, I was not a kid lover, kids made me nervous and quite frankly made too much noise. I'd be lying if I didn't say my family was a little worried when we shared that Mike and I were expecting.
needless to say, when I found out I was expecting, I hit the books. It was like college all over again. I read book after book, googled a million baby topics, and prayed. It's a big deal to be 100% responsible for a baby 24 hours a day ( Kudos's to the single moms and the cast of 16 and pregnant, I just don't know how they do it)
Then one day it just hit me, God is in control, He won't give me more than I can handle and He is Hannah's protector.

So needless to say we are making it, we're not the Brady Bunch but I think Mike and I are doing a wonderful job.

2 comments:

  1. Love it!!! I've been keeping one since the day of jacob's birth :) I was ALOT slower with it this year then in the past but i love having a digital babybook that i can go back to at anytime to see what my kids were doing (and luckily there is a way to save the whole blog as a pdf or have an online company print it into a nice photo book with all your journaling down the road! ) Becky Morani
    Mine is www.babyjacobpage.blogspot.com but like I said I think i only made 13 posts in 2010 where i did 100's in years past, lol Hopefully that will all change once we move and I have faster/better internet connections to download all my pictures..

    HAVE FUN!!! I love blogs too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! I'm so excited you have a blog now! :)

    ReplyDelete