Saturday, June 18, 2011

The sweetest touch

So... My sweet little Angel has been in rare form these last few days. Her halo needs a little adjusting. She has been a bear. I blame it on teething. She goes from a sweet cuddling little baby to a mean doesn't want anything to do with anyone BEAR.

So tonight, she is having one of her famous "I'm so tired I'm about to act a fool fits" and boy was she testing my patients. I thought, "I just need to get her in her jammies and give her a bottle". " I can do this" Which would be no problem if dressing Hannah didn't require 2 people and a rope (kidding) Dressing Hannah is compared to dressing a fish out of water. She is flipping and flopping every which way. It's maddness.

After she is in her jammies, we head to her bedroom, turn her Baby Enstien music on (which better pay off)..I gave her her bottle and we rocked and rocked..I thought...finally VICTORY...she's asleep..WRONG....

Plan B... Lay down with Hannah and pretend to be asleep. Once she is asleep place her in her crib. (yep, you read it right...Don't judge..You do what you gotta do to get the girl to sleep)

so there we are laying down and Hannah lays next to me and....... puts her little arm around me. (as though she is saying...ahhh.. I love you mommy)

It was the sweetest thing.

I immediately thanked God for our precious little Hannah. I feel so blessed to have a heathly daughter and I never want to take that for granted. Fussy Hannah or not..We still love her and it's moments like that that make being a mommy all worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it funny how they almost innately know how to redeem themselves? And triple "Amen!" to your last paragraph!

    ReplyDelete