Monday, January 2, 2012

2012 New Years Resolutions

So here we go with the New Years Resolutions. Last year my ONE resolution was to make my bed every morning...baby steps. I would give myself a passing grade on that one. *as I think to myself, I'm pretty sure my bed wasn't made this morning*
So this year I thought I would step up my game. I know it's cliche to make resolutions but it's never a bad idea to try to better yourself. So here I go.
2012 New Year Resolutions
MUST KEEP RUNNING..I fell off the wagon over the holiday's and it's time to get back on the treadmill.
Running has become so much more than running to me. It clears my head when I have a million things running through it, it keeps me from blowing off the handle when someone has made me upset. It makes me feel better about myself and more important it makes me eat better during the day when I run in the morning.
EAT MORE GREENS is my next resolution. I'm realizing there isn't much point to running if I'm not eating healthy. Running-Junk food= skinny Amie.
NIX the Coffee

I don't know how it happened but I've been drinking coffee more and more latley. I was NEVER a coffee drinker. When I was prego with Hannah I didn't drink any coffee or any caffeine and then with nursing I stayed on the no caffeine wagon. I think once I stopped nursing and had one sleepless night I had a cup of coffee just to get through the day.
Now, I'm in love with it. I love the warmth of holding warm cup of joe, I LOVE LOVE the creamer and how yummy it makes it taste. AND I love to drink it in the mornings at work during "coffee clatch" with my fellow employees. but I HATE how it turns your teeth brown..YUCK
SAVING
After the craziness of shopping, January becomes the LASSEN MUST SAVE MONEY MONTH. I don't know about you, but I do really well with savings until I step into Target. Gesh...That place is a money hole. I loose all control. I'll miss you Target..

ME vs. CLEAN HOUSE
I have a mild case of OCD when it comes to the house being clean. It's bad. When I wake up in the morning, the first thing I do is straighten up, pick up pillows, toys that have been drug out from Hannah's room, pick up kitchen etc. etc. It's bad and it's really bad when you have a wonderful loving husband who is totally clueless about picking up after himself. Love him to death but GESH! Why did God make men so different?
Then one day as I realized I was running around the house constantly picking up and Mike was playing with Hannah I thought why am I doing this? STOP and play with your child..who cares that your house is a mess?
I just have to find a balance between a clean house and a spotless house. It's never "dirty" but when things are put in their place I turn into a cleaning spaz. I'm sure it's really annoying.
I really want to find a balance and do what makes me happy. I only have one life to live..I better make it count.
We are very blessed, God has been so good to us!

2 comments:

  1. I'm the same way with coffee. It must be something about motherhood. Not sure I'm interested in giving it up, though...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had your OCDness for a clean house. I'm clean but also messy and it doesn't bother me one bit. I would also love to make my bed everyday, but my husband is usually still in bed when I leave for work. Life of a college student.

    ReplyDelete