Monday, August 1, 2011

"I'm just making a baby"

So after the initial shock of being prego, I headed to the book store to read up on having a baby. I was sure I was going to do everything right. Take my vitamins, work out, eat healthy, no caffeine, you know never really needing maternity clothes until the last trimester. LOL that lasted about 2 weeks until "Morning" sickness kicked in. I have never slept so much in my life. I would come home from work, take a shower, eat my grilled cheese and be asleep before the sun went down. It was great. That is all a memory these days.
I actually didn't mind the 2nd trimester. My bionic sense of smell had trinkled down to a minimal and I had a little more energy.I was in love with maternity clothes (well clothes in general as you most know)they were so comfy.I made a home in the old navy maternity section.
People were so nice to me when I was prego. It was always the subject of conversation in the grocery line and I loved the "Maternity" parking spots at Babies R Us.
The last 12 weeks were not so much fun. The grilled cheese and oreo ice cream calories had planted their ugly face all over my body, it was 100 degree's outside, my left foot could have passed as Shrek's foot and I had finally reached the waddling stage. If Mike asked me to do anything, he would get a not so nice look and I would often say "I'm busy making a baby"
one random stranger told me to be thankful and to enjoy my pregancy because it's all over with once she is here. I had no idea what he was talking about then, but now boy do I ever. Carrying Hannah for 9 months was the easy part.
Having her here and seeing her little adorable face makes my day every day!
I would like to take this opportunity to tell everyone that the book "What to Expect When Expecting" is full of lies ;o)
That book was helpful and a good reference book but I felt like it "fluffed" a lot of things. I would highly recommend "Belly laugh's" that book was hilarous and 100% true.

No comments:

Post a Comment