Sunday, September 11, 2011

Where were you on September 11, 2001?

Where were you on September 11, 2001? That seems to be the question of the day. I remember where I was, I'll never forget. I was in my first year of culinary school. I walked into class and the TV was on. I remember thinking, "what are these guys watching, Why is dirt flying all around and people running around like crazy?".

People on TV were running and screaming and the news anchor was really distracted. One of my classmates said "We're under attack" I thought what in the world is this fool talking about? Other classmates started flooding into the room and we all sat with our eyeballs glued to the T.V. hanging on to every word that the news lady was saying, like I said it was chaos, people running and crying..people were everywhere all through the streets, then all of a sudden you see a plane in the background hit the second tower. It was way too much for me to handle. I couldn't believe my eyes. Did that really just happen?
By that time our instructor had made it into class, he let us watch just a few more minutes of T.V. then made us shut it off. Most people left the class and went home. I think at some point classes ended up being cancelled. I remember driving home and seeing all of the flags at half mast. That is when I broke down and just cried for all the people who lost thier life.
I remember talking to my dad about the attack and concerned that he may be sent to help in NYC with the other fellow firemen. I was so worried. Then my dad said "This is going to start a war... a very long war" I thought what in the world..War? Seriously? We are so advanced as a nation but we settled our difference with War? I don't get it and I don't think I ever will.

9/11 is very sad and is an event that will forever scar our nation. My thoughts and prayers go out to those who lost their loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment