Tuesday, February 14, 2012

It's Valentines Day

Happy Valentine's Day!! I'm sitting here all dressed up in my sexy black dress, just awating on my Romeo aka Mike to pull up the chariot for our romantic candle light dinner. We'll look into each other's eyes and say how much we love each other as we sip on our much needed glass of wine.... HAHA let me stop now... A girl can dream. What am I doing this Valentine's evening?.. well all dressed up translates into my workout gear.That I should have changed out of after my evening run. My romantic dinner was pizza and a salad (damn diet ruins everything). The closest thing I have to a chariot is my 3 month old boxer who is snoring in my lap as I type this and I'm pretty sure his eyes are the only ones I'm going to be stairing into later. And that much needed glass of wine...well I'm saving it for the next "mommy needs a time out" moment. Valentines day is my absolute favorite holiday. I will always remember coming downstairs in the morning and seeing the kitchen table all decorated with hearts, candies, cards and usually some sort of a gift. My parents especially my dad would always go all out for his girls on Valentines day. It never really hit me until I was in jr. high and I didn't have a boyfriend, and it never really hit me that all the girls were getting stuff from their boyfriends and I got something from my dad. Then I thought I was just lame but now I realize how special that always made me feel. Even to this day I got a "Happy Valentine's" from my dad. He's pretty awesome..just saying So what did my sweet husband do for me for Valentines day? We'll he tried to lure me into Coopelands for dinner. Which if you all know me, going out to dinner these days is no treat for me, it really never was unless we were going with a group of friends. I just don't get the whole, let's wait 45 minutes for a table and spend a butt load of money of a plate of food that I could *attempt* to make at home and we'd be just as satisfied. So we settled for lunch at Vino's. Which was awesome. What a treat to get away from the office and see my husband...AND get treated to Vino's. the only thing missing was a little vino, but a girl can dream. He also surprised me with a beautiful bouquet of my favorite flowers.
Hannah was still asleep (in her OWN big girl bed in HER room...big step for us)when I left this morning, so I was more than excited to get home this evening and let her open her Vday gifts.
We just don't have enough Barney these days!
Bag full of goodies.
She got tired of digging and just dumped the whole dang bag out.
Girlfriend went straight for the chocolate.
I even took my psycho no sugar mommy hat off and gave the girl a cupcake...she wanted nothing to do with it. She did however like my detox..all fruit and spinach smoothie...That's my girl

No comments:

Post a Comment