Wednesday, December 28, 2011

It really is the BEST time of the year.

Christmas IS the best time of the year. I thoroughly enjoyed myself shopping for gifts for my family.

This was the first year that Hannah actually understood unwrapping gifts and that they were for her to keep AND play with. It's really funny. We got her a few "big" gifts that I thought she would just play with for hours and shock shock she threw those to the side and played with the dollar store gifts. NOTE TO SELF.
Mike and I were firm on our decision to start our own Christmas traditions and both agreed that Hannah will always wake up Christmas morning in her home. Saying that I would do anything in my power to convince my family that they also needed to wake up Christmas morning in our home and participate in our Christmas traditions. It only took a few pictures of Hannah with Santa before mom was on www.southwest.com booking her flight to Little Rock and then it was all down hill from there. We had Leslei, My mom, My Sis and Devin here for Christmas.
I was so excited to pick them up from the airport! We were able to save some gift for Hannah to open with her Mimi and Tee-Tee.
And when we picked Devin up from the airport everything seemed so complete. We love it when he's here.


Christmas to us is so much more than gifts that are under the tree. It's about the gift of Jesus Christ and the gift of good health, happiness, family and much more. I am truly blessed and I never want to take that for granted. Thanks to all my family who made this a WONDERFUL Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment