Sunday, April 22, 2012

Family Fun day at the LITTLE ROCK ZOO

I don't know why, but I have been itching to go to the Little Rock ZOO. I've heard nothing but "Blah" reviews about it and knew it wouldn't compare to the St. Louis Zoo but hey, it's EARTH DAY (someone please tell me how my husband knew that?...Google I bet)

I got up this morning, went on my run (my goal was NOT to gain weight this weekend like I always do, so after those adult beverages last night, I knew to put my running shoes on this morning before I weighed in, and it worked! so far no weight gained this weekend)

After my run, I went to church. I had to leave Mike and H at home. They were sawing logs when it was time to leave and I'm still a firm believer in "Never wake a sleeping baby or HUSBAND" it's just not good for the soul.

Church was AMAZING and I am so glad I went. They were singing old hymns that reminded me of my grandma Nellie's church.

I got home and Mike was ready to go to the ZOO, H on the other hand got up on the wrong side of the bed. I don't know what it is these days but GIRLFRIEND LOVES her night gown. and HATES to get out of it. I tried everything:
ME:H do you want to go to the ZOO?
H: Yes
ME: Ok we have to take our night gown off
H: NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! *starts throwing a temper tantrum*
Seriously we did this like 3 times.

 My nerves were shot and we hadn't left the house. so what do I do...
CHUGGED a BUD LIGHT! YEP, chugged it and it worked.

She finally got dressed and we were headed to the ZOO:


MONKEY!! Not to be confused the with guy in the green shirt...lol

FISHES

PENGUINS!!




Gotta take a picture next to the hog.


H takes her animal watching serious.



I think this is the coolest animal. How amazing is it that no giraffe has the same pattern? How do people not believe in God. Look at his mighty work

We had fun at the Zoo, but everyone is right, it's nothing to write home about.

After the zoo we met up with one of Mike's old "Cop" friends. I still can't believe Mike used to be a cop. That was a few years before me. It was fun to hear old cop stories and it's always fun to eat at WHOLE HOG

After a much needed nap for all of us. We decided to end the night with a little TBALL.


1 comment:

  1. Seriously....chugging a Bud Light...cracked me up!!! I was telling everyone about this at work...now when we're stressed we're just gonna advise everyone to chug a Bud Light!

    ReplyDelete