Monday, March 18, 2013

That Silly Leprechaun

Happy St. Patrick's Day.
I hope everyone enjoyed their green beer!

The Lassen's went without Green Beer this year...womp womp.

We did enjoy all the treats that the Leprechaun left us Hannah.


I found these cute guys on Pinterest. I can't take full credit for the idea but I did change it up a bit. I wanted to get the full effect of the rainbow BUT I didn't want to send H in a sugar shock.

These were super easy to make:
  • One bag of skittles. Which did you know they got ride of that nasty lime skittle? It's now Green Apple. YUMMY!
  • One bag or Rollo's
  • Twine
  • I found the "buckets" from Michaels and the tubes from Hobby Lobby
  • Print outs were found  HERE

Of course I had to die EVEYTHING green.



M and I hid buckets of Gold aka ROLO's around the house. H's face was so funny when she saw that the "Silly Leprechaun" left her buckets of gold.

 
 
Of course I had to make St. Patrick's day shirt (please excuse the wrinkles. Who has time to iron?). I'm trying to show M that I can be frugal.
Shirt: Hobby Lobby $2.99
Iron on $1.99
I printed a shamrock from Google. Traced in on the iron-on, cut it out and iron it on the shirt. The iron process was a little annoying.  I guess I was a little impatient. There was a thin line between enough heat and burning the T-Shirt.  Needless to say, my fingertips were numb. I should have just bought the dang St. Patrick's day shirt from Old Navy.
 


1 comment:

  1. I love everything about your St. Patty's Day! Marcus is totally getting visits from a Silly Leprechaun when he's old enough to understand.
    And, whaaaaat? Green apple replaced lime Skittles? I'm headed to buy a bag of those bad boys today.

    ReplyDelete