Friday, February 28, 2014

I'm alive... Happy Friday

Why is it on short work weeks Friday seems so far away? This week has been a dozy. I only worked 2 days this week but I have never been so happy to see Friday. Sickness has hit the L home again. That’s neither here nor there... Here’s my five for Friday.

(ONE)
We had a blast in STL. I miss it. Like a lot. I talked M into looking at houses while we were there, with hopes that we will be back soon.

(TWO)
After seeing my sweet Harper I now have baby fever. She was absolutely beautiful. And she still has that sweet baby smell.

(THREE)
I’m reading It Starts With Food, after reading about it on this blog. The book is very interesting. I highly recommend it. Here is what I took from it:
*Sugar is bad. Like really bad. STOP EATING IT.
*Alcohol is bad. But ok in moderation. (I added the last part.)
*The book really broke down how your body responds to getting nutrients. When you eat something that is full of nutrients you tend to get that “full feeling” when you eat junk aka food that is not full of nutrients you tend to eat more because your body is not getting full of nutrients. Why is something so simple so hard for me to grasp? One thing that really stood out for me was when I am about to eat something, I should ask myself “Is this good or bad for me”

(FOUR)
We are starting to talk to H about strangers. There is a thin line with this subject. While we don’t want H to live in fear we also don’t want her to feel comfortable going up to complete strangers. Since I am a diehard Bernstein Bares Fan, We’ve been reading, The Berenstain Bears Learn about Strangers.. I feel like it’s a little long for H. I'm looking for something a little more on her level..Anyone have suggestions?

(FIVE)
I’ve deemed March as “Get it together” month. I’ve heard lots of great things about the Advocare 10day cleanse. Has anyone tried it? What did you think about it?

2 comments:

  1. I don't know much about it but my blogger friend Rachel at Life as Mrs can give you all the information. She is super sweet and will answer any questions. I can give you her number so you can text her if you want (she is a big texter). http://lovelifeasmrs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried any of the Advocare cleanses, but my blog buddy Mateya could help you out if you're looking for some direction. If you want her contact info just let me know. I'm a little scared of the cleanses… I feel like the wine does a pretty good job at cleansing the insides. :)
    Gah, I'm terrified to start talking about strangers, good touch/bad touch, all that stuff. If you find any good material on this shoot it my way!
    Hope you all are back to feeling 100%!

    ReplyDelete