Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Brunch

As some of you know, my mother has lived with us for the past year and a half.

Short explanation. The department she worked for was bought out; she was able to transfer to AR with the same company to keep her retirement plan and her sanity. While she hated leaving her husband, home, dog and her life behind in STL for two years, she did what she had to do.

Mom now has less than 100 days before she retires aka moves back to STL. She is on the count down. Trust me. While she drives me bat shit crazy sometimes, I know I am going to miss her.

With that said, I/we have challenged ourselves to enjoy the time that she has left here in Arkansas. So on Saturdays we play “how can we spend money? Let’s try something new in Arkansas”

This past Saturday morning we hit up a local restaurant called Loca Luna for brunch.
I mean you can’t go wrong with a name like that.

The atmosphere was somewhat a mixture of your grandma’s basement and a college dorm room. None the less the food was delicious and the mimosas were on key.

If you are ever in the LR area, Loca Luna is a must.

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea your momma lived with you!
    There are days I'd give my right arm to have my mom set up camp with us. I'm sure Scott would gladly give his right arm for that not to happen… My mom and I are basically the same person. There is no way he'd make it out alive with the two of us.

    ReplyDelete