Monday, April 7, 2014

Say Cheese

Last month a friend of mine told me about a local photographer looking for models, age’s 3-4 right up my alley, Right? I guess I temporally lost my mind and submitted H’ info. I get a call that they want to use H. perfect. This will be fun. H loves getting her picture taken and she can be a ham when it comes to the camera.

Boy was I wrong. I guess I forgot how picky H was with her clothes.

Let me set the scene.

The photo shoot was 30 minutes away, no biggie, only one minor detail it was at 9:30am on Saturday morning. Um, H loves her sleep and usually sleeps in on Saturday mornings. When H wakes up on her own, she is all sunshine and butterflies. When we have to wake H up she is full of piss and vinegar. You follow me?

We get to the shoot… Hair still wet, and when I went to change her into her first outfit… guess what H forgot to put on….YEP… Girlfriend was going commando. I about died… mother of the year folks….

They pull out H’s first dress… I’m not kidding it was similar to this…

I knew H would throw a fit so I tried to throw it on as quickly as possible without H realizing that this dress was going to be itchier than a bad case of the chicken pox. And without any of the other mom’s seeing that my child didn’t have panties on. I threw the dress on H and took her out to area where the pictures were being taken…

Queue the tears, queue the tantrum queue H trying to take the dress off and queue all the side eye rolls from the mothers.

I wanted to die.

Next, outfit. The designer asks H what she wanted to wear. H and this lady who clearly did not have children but thankfully thought H was cute enough NOT to send us home walked H around and let her pick out her outfit. The 2nd outfit was a hit. H looked adorable. The tears dried up and her smile was on point.

However, the rest of the pictures were taken outside. It was 56 and windy. H wasn’t having it. I mean, H models one outfit and thinks she is about to be on the cover for Marie Claire magazine. Can we say high maintenance? She wanted to pick out her own outfits, her own hair accessories and H insisted that her tags be cut off, the other children…oh they were totally ok with tucking the tags in. Not my child

I about died. I had to keep telling myself that she was only 3. It was one of those moments where everyone was super sweet (totally faking it I’m sure) and I was on high alert.

All in all they got some cute pictures but I think H was too young. It was a good experience but H really didn’t enjoy it. I think we will put modeling on the back burner for a bit and just let H be a kid.

You live and you learn right?

1 comment:

  1. Please share the outtakes. Especially the ones in that poof of a dress!

    ReplyDelete