Wednesday, April 2, 2014

That's my kind of night

Let me set the scene:

Bronco, cooler of ice cold beers,wine, two cackling girls, two guys in the front seat and sounds of George Strait, Luke Bryan and Michael Jackson blaring through the speakers.

That’s my kind of night… name that country song. #I’vebeeninthesouthtoolong


That was our Saturday night. M and I met some friends, who are freshly dating, for dinner and drinks followed by a night driving the back country roads in a bronco. I hate to admit but it was a perfect night.

There was something soothing about complete darkness and seeing the stars as we drove through the gravel roads. Minus spilling my wine over my shirt as we hit the bumps…

What wasn’t so soothing was driving over the same rail road tracks where THIS happened… My Safety kid rules were in full force…

We also drove by the house that was used in Forrest Gump. Who knew Arkansas has such history?

Do you ever drive back roads?

1 comment:

  1. LUKE BRYAN, "That's My Kind of Night"!! Pretty sure I love that song.
    And your night sounds like absolute perfection. When I was younger we used to do this same exact thing on gravel roads in the country. I freaking loved it. I can't even remember the last time I've seen a gravel road, let alone driven on one. Might have to make that a priority the next time I'm home. :)

    ReplyDelete