Thursday, July 5, 2012

Work less Wednesday #4/ Happy 4th of July

I've always loved the 4th of July. I remember as a kid having family over, bbq, lots of people hanging around the house chatting and laughing all day. Then we'd pile in Dad's truck and he'd find what would appear to be a "shady area" but it would be the PERFECT place to watch the downtown fireworks. It was awesome. I had high hopes of giving Hannah the same experience this year.

That is until I saw the temperature. 104 degrees. #umnothankyouverymuch

We played around the house Wednesday morning. Well really I played and when I say "played" I mean watched useless T.V and ran. Hannah didn't wake up until 10:30am. CRAZINESS and she went to bed at 9:00pm. Her MIMI left Tuesday and I guess she was worn out from being spoiled playing with her MIMI.


We did a lot of laughing with Mimi..we love our mimi... We miss our MIMI...I'm not really sure how or why my hair looks so crazy in this picture, but I'm REALLY not sure as to why no one told me?
Mike has been itching to see movies lately. although I couldn't get him to go see "MAGIC MIKE" with me. Thank you Stacey for stepping in.  Later that afternoon, Mike suggested going to see a movie. I thought "What the hay it's too hot to do anything else" (plus Hannah ended up taking a 2 hour nap...crazy sleepy/I'm growing phase I guess) On the way to the movie, Mike was trying to talk the AVENGERS up.."Oh..Neil and Sweet Timmy saw this moive..they LOVED it" "really? oh great" is what I was thinking...and by that I was thinking we'll at least I can get a nap in today.

The movie wasn't that bad, but it wasn't that good either.

I thought the heat would break a little by the evening and had hopes of going to the "Benton Family Festival" but to no avail. 103. Too dang hot to get out. Plus with all of this heat the Benton fireworks had already been cancelled. I felt bad for Hannah. I wanted her to experience the 4th of July like I did as a kid..She even had a cute little 4th of July outfit to wear. I couldn't even talk Mike into grilling so he went and got pizza and beer and that was our 4th of July festivities.

Side note: When we traveled across the county line to the liquor store (still totally hate that we live in a dry county) Mike comes out with this:

REALLY? Who drinks this? Those were my exact words and Mike's all "Babe...it's 4th of July...you HAVE to drink the Blue Ribbon" I've never had it before and Mike described it as having a "little bit of a vinegar taste" #umnothankyouverymuch
We spent most of our day in the pool. We have a neighborhood pool but it's not very toddler friendly, plus every Tom, Dick and Harry is usually down there so we opt for our blow up pool in the backyard. That way we have unlimited access to the wine bathroom and H can swim in her birthday suit. I'm not really sure as to why she won't keep a swimsuit on? But she's so stinky cute anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment