Saturday, September 15, 2012

Hannah vs. The Big Girl Potty

The Lassen's have arrived in Potty Training hell phase. We probably could have done it back in July. But I'm being totally honest when I say I didn't have the patience or the time or the dedication.
 
She was ready. I wasn't. And we ALL have to be ready. This is truly a Group/Family Activity
 
I googled "How to know when your child is ready to potty train?"
 
She showed all the signs of being ready.
 
1. leaves the room to go number 2
2. Wakes up dry
ETC. ETC.
 
We knew she was ready when A. she was telling us she had to go potty and B. She was changing her own "dirty" diapers.
 
So we hit it hard these past few weeks.
 
Hannah's sitter is great in a lot of ways but really great with the potty training. Hannah would go great for her. Like 3-4 times a day. But when she got home she screamed when we put her on the potty. ugh...so frustrating.
 
This past week my dad kept Hannah and he really worked with her too. She has really made progress in just a week.
 
Today we had a great day. She would say "potty" and go to the potty seat. I was so proud. She had 3 accidents today but they totally were not her fault. Really it wasn't her dad's fault either...oh wait yes it was...I kid.. It was the football game's fault. He got distracted.
 
 
Granted we haven't left the house. That will be the test. Oh wow...I'm scared.
 
I can't believe we're already at the potty training stage...where does the time go? 
 
Wow where  did my life go? Did I just write a post about the potty? LOL!! I kid..I love my potty training life and wouldn't change it for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment