Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Are you sure Christmas is 6 days away?

It sure doesn't feel like Christmas. I mean really. Of course we have been running around like banshees since November and things are finally getting back to normal. HAHA who the heck am I kidding, since when is 2 live in guest normal..lol I kid. We love being the Lassen extended stay. In fact I've changed our answering machine to say:
Thank you for calling hotel Lassen, unless you are Channing Tatum (naked) we are out of rooms, so please carry your ass to the closest Holiday Inn.

True Story, THERE IS NO ROOM AT THE INN. Move along :)

We are back in our normal routine of work, dance, home, dinner, pretend to clean, pretend to actually run, love each other, sing kumbya etc etc. Of course there are a few tears, long walks alone but we are making it. We're Lassen's! We're strong. Actually I'm a Lassen by marriage.My ass is a Washington and I am weak and a HUGE baby and I don't do well with change, but what can you do. Adjust and move along.

It just does NOT feel like Christmas.

Of course our tree is up, our house is decorated and without a doubt I have spend a ridiculous amount of money on H and D for Christmas. BUT is just doesn't feel like Christmas. Maybe it's because it's 70 degree's today. Maybe it's because we are not in STL, maybe it's because L is not here, Maybe it's because there is no gift under the tree for me. (why do men wait until the LAST minute for everything? So help me God if there is a Walgreen's bag under that tree with my name on it, We will be short one M in this house.)

I know I don't do the whole "let's tell our kids this random guy slides his big ass belly down our chimney and leaves gifts under the tree, grabs a cookie a sip of milk that has been sitting out all night and then quietly lets himself out (without triggering the alarm system or his country bumpkin dad who owns a gun" yeah that guy. I think we should go see him for picture sake, you know make memories and stuff, H doesn't have a clue who he is. she'll probably freak. That's why I'm making my 16 yr old son go.
The things 16 yr old do just to drive the car. (which by the way I can't wait to see his face this weekend!) I love me some him.

So that's the plan, screw cleaning the house, enjoy family, pray for snow, be thankful for the family that is here, no tears, give more hints to DIAMONDS for Christmas not gift cards, lotion or jumper cables from Walgreen's, BLESS M. And just enjoy time with the family.

And really be thankful for:
Jesus
health
roof over my head
job
food
healthy kids
salvation
days off work
wine.. I mean grapes
Running..oh I miss you long runs. YEP I said it. I can't wait to get back on my running routine
great friends
family
M
etc. etc.

See, it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment