Monday, July 8, 2013

Day 1 of the two week challenge

So, This morning I got my sleep deprived self up  at 5am for a fast short run.

 I do have to say, I miss morning runs. I just didn't think I could wing the 5am wake up calls. Plus, I've been doing my runs at  night after dinner, which means I've got WAY too much energy at 9pm to go to sleep. So needless to say, I was hitting the snooze button in the morning.

AND not to toot my own horn, but this girl walked to the office instead of taking the office. Every little bit helps. I bet it's just over 1/2 a mile one way but I was glistening by the time I got to the door. Dang morning humidity.

I also ate good. No sweets. BUT I did indulge in a fun size pack of cheez-its and a DR Pepper. BUT to my defense it was payroll Monday, the time clocks were down, my phone didn't stop ringing all day. People were on my reserve nerve, so I drank my Dr. Pepper and drank that shit like it was a long island iced tea.

And as much as I hate it, I had healthy dinner with NO wine tonight...Did I mention M came home with Taco Bueno...talking about HE FORGOT I was dieting...Men








I also hit the road tonight for a little sweat session and some hills.

6 miles done today. BOOM.

oh and in case you missed it  on the National News! My Bestie decided that she knows more than her screwy doctor and she's running ZOOMA! Yep Cia, I just called you out. I can't say I blame you!

We shall see, girlfriend is just as hard headed as me and will never miss the chance for a PR. I can't say I blame her. I'd do the same thing.

3 comments:

  1. I long for the days when I can wake up early and get a run in. That's not going to happen for a long time. Whomp whomp.
    And, I'll finish this glass of wine for you tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha you crack me up! I do have to confess after I wrote this... I sat alone in the living room. H and M were both asleep and I has a quite house to myself... I had to celebrate 🍷

      Delete
  2. HAHAHA, I moonlight as a doctor in my free time...

    ReplyDelete