Sunday, July 7, 2013

Two Week Challenge

It's JULY...Which means this sweet mocha turns another year old. I can't believe I'll be 25 for the 7th time. Where does the time go?

I have to say I am truly blessed to have a hard working husband, a beautiful healthy daughter, good health, etc.

But something will always sting about my birthday. Last year on  July 18th, L told me she had cancer. I really don't think she meant to tell me, but it just came out. We ALWAYS had coffee  outside in the mornings. Watched the hummingbirds, I will always miss that. July 18th was no different, and even though I was just her daughter in law that morning I was more. Linda just blurted everything out to me.  I just sat there big eyed and crying. I had no idea what to say, what to do. I'm pretty sure I asked her (who was in her late 60's) if she wanted to go to Vegas and get crazy...Ha, I told you I didn't know what to say. Ha, she of course just laughed it off...

Little did I know she would pass 6 months later.

I try not to dwell on July 18th as the day L told me she was sick but I can't help but think about it. L lived a good life, we miss her dearly. BUT she is in a much better place. I know she is watching down on us. I don't even put it pass her to "mess with us" like the time H's tricycle just rolled off the porch by itself. Linda and were close enough to joke about when she was gone. She said she'd always be there with us, watching H grow. And I know she is. We miss her, and I know M misses her. He gets really sad around holidays. I can't even imagine what it's like to loose both parents.

I'll just love him through this.

anyway I digress...

My bday is less than 2 weeks away, girlfriend needs to lose 10 pounds before her dirty 30...ok...dirty thirty two.

I can do it right?...

Put your mind to it go for it...get down and break a sweat... Jessie Soprano style..

No carbs, No sugar, No booze during the week...It's time to get serious

I have Zooma in less than a month...which my sole sista can't run with me... Not going to lie, totally freaked me out! I'm so sad that she can't run with me.

Plus M and I are going to Destin in September.....without H.

insert:
Booze
Acting like we're in college
No responsibilities
PARTY
BEACH
FRIENDS
NO KIDS
Celebrating wedding anniversary

Girlfriend need to get it together. CAN'T.WAIT for a week alone with this guy!



1 comment:

  1. Sending hugs to you and the hubs. I can't imagine what the loss of a parent is like...
    In other news - I need to jump on this two week challenge (but really, it needs to last about 2 months)! But really, no carbs? I think I'd die. :)

    ReplyDelete