Tuesday, October 29, 2013

My delimma

I love me some Tuesdays (mainly because it's my 3rd day off). I take that back. I love me some productive Tuesdays. I'm all for lazy days...like a lot but last week I challenged myself with my diet and my runs. I'm happy to say, this little challenge is still going.

My runs last week weren't were I wanted them to be, only because this girl got the flu shot and shocker got sick. I know I got sick because of nasty daycare germs but it makes me feel better to blame it on the flu shot. I ran, but not everyday. I actually still have to stop running to blow my nose. It's really attractive.

My eating has been clean for the most part. I'm doing well with the carbs, sweets and booze. So you'd think the scale would reflect all of my hard work.

um, negative ghost rider.

I gained a pound! WTF You better believe the scale got the finger this morning. I blame it on the cough medicine. I'm sure that shit is loaded with calories. (ha, or the beers I had watching the cardinals loose)

So with that being said. M and I are starting the 10 day Adovcare Cleanse. I've heard great things about it, and we could BOTH use a little cleansing up in here!

I digress.

I'm happy to say, it's not even 8am and I've gotten my run in. I am a morning person to the max. staying up past 10pm is for the birds.

Here is my dilemma. I would love to get all of my running in before I go to work. It makes me eat better, I feel better and when I get home I can spend time with my DVR H & M.  My dilemma? I have to be at work by 6am. which means I leave my house at 5:15am, which thank GESUS I wear scrub so I get up at 4:30am. The problem, most of my runs are more than 3 miles. Which means I'd have to get up at 3:30. That means 5.5 hours of sleep for me.  Have you seen this girl with less than 6 hours of sleep? It aint pretty.

What's a girl to do?

I haven't tried the 3:30 wake up call,,  I just don't know how I could physically run at 3:30am
without hurting myself. On the flip side getting home at 5pm cooking dinner, dealing with H and THEN running blows too. I need a plan ASAP.

What about you? Do prefer to work out in the morning or evening?



1 comment:

  1. In a perfect world I'd get my run in around 7AM. Too bad hubs leaves for work between 5 and 5:30. If I'm going to run before he's out the door that means I'm hitting the pavement at 4/4:30. I tried that once. I didn't love it, but didn't totally hate it. Usually I sneak out for my run at night while hubs is giving M his bath. I'm over M by that point, he's over me, and it gives them a little bonding while mommy is running her little heart out. Wins all around.

    ReplyDelete